Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Chipotle Chicken Taco Salad

Chicken Salad

After a long day of cheffing, I really didn't have much energy to cook another meal when I got home. However, because I keep a well stocked fridge and pantry I knew I could throw something together.

On Sundays, I roast a chicken to use during the week for quick snacks and dinners like quesadillas, or chicken salads. If you don't have time to roast your own chicken, pick up a good rotisserie chicken from your favorite supermarket.

Ingredients:

Dressing:
1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
2/3 cup light sour cream
1 tablespoon minced chipotle chile, canned in adobo sauce
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
2 teaspoons buttermilk (optional)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

Salad:
4 cups shredded lettuce (I prefer romaine)
2 cups chopped roasted skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 2 breasts)
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup diced peeled avocado (optional)
1/3 cup thinly vertically sliced red onion
1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 (8 3/4-ounce) can no-salt-added whole-kernel corn, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:

To prepare dressing, combine first 7 ingredients, stirring well.

To prepare salad, combine lettuce and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle dressing over salad; toss gently to coat. Serve immediately. Serves 4.

2 comments:

  1. This looks GOOD!! I love taco salads :) I have taco salad on the menu this week, I think I'll make this dressing, it sounds amazing!! You have a great blog, I found you on foodieblogroll.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! The dressing can also be used for potato salad.

    ReplyDelete