Monday, October 25, 2010

Pizza Night


One of Ts favorite foods is pizza.  I think most guys love pizza! 
For my family, pizza was an occasional treat.  My mom would make us homemade pizza on Thursday nights.  I'm like my mon in that I don enjoy making dough.  She purchased bread dough from the local bakery and turn it into pizza dough.  The toppings were limited, onions, mushroom, cheese and ground beef, but it was still a special treat.
My college roommates and I ate a lot pizza.  Gumby's pizza was cheap and near campus.  If we ordered two pizzas we ate it for breakfast, lunch and dinner until it was all gone.  Needless to say, for me pizza and ramen noodles are in the same category.  When I make pizza at home, I try to make a light version, with tons of veggies, and real mozzarella cheese.  Here is quick pizza recipe using store bought dough:


Ingredients

  • 1 (8-ounce) piece of purchased or homemade pizza dough, the canned kind is fine
  • 1/3 cup (lightly packed) shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1 cup (lightly packed) shredded Fontina cheese
  • 2 ounces sun dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
  • 2 ounces pancetta, chopped
  • 1/2 tomato, thinly sliced
  • 1/4 c. thinly sliced red onion, thinly sliced
  • 2 springs thyme
  • freshly ground black pepper
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil

Method

Position 1 oven rack in the center and preheat to 450 degrees F. 

Roll out pizza dough into a rectangle baking sheet.  Spread olive oil and dot with Thyme.


Sprinkle the mozzarella and Fontina cheeses over the pizza. Sprinkle the tomatoes, onions and pancetta over the cheese.



Bake the pizza until the crust is crisp and brown on the bottom and the cheese is melted on top, about 15 minutes. Cut the pizzas crosswise into rectangular slices, sprinkle with some freshly ground black pepper and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment